Friday, October 05, 2012

Soup's ON

'Well' I decided to make some soup from the Pinterest Wall "Skinny Soup". I didn't have 2 potatoes, I only had one regular potato and one sweet potato. This can work!!! So I proceed with the directions. I cannot find my emersion blender so I decide I can use my blender. I load the blender with the potato's and the milk. I turn it on and SPLOWIE. Everything blows. My whole front of my shirt is splattered with potato milk mix. The backsplash is also splattered. The floor is splattered. The milk has leaked out of the blender all over the counter. Besides the mess to clean up, off me and the kitchen, I still have to blend the cauliflower. So I readjust the blender and do more. It is still oozing out the back of the blender bottom. WHAT did I do wrong. So not everything is blended but I put it all back in the pan and use the potato masher to finish. I got a bowl for Bob and one for Me. It was so good. Now Bob is going back for a 2nd bowl. We didn't have sour cream or onions but had the cheese and turkey bacon bits. He reloads and on his very first bite he gets 3/4 of a rubber ring. YIKES We ate some rubber ring. NO WONDER the SOUP WAS ON me and everyplace in the kitchen. Soup is going to be thrown out!! Sadness.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

That is terrible!!! I bet that took forever to clean up. Must be a good recipe if it tastes that good with ground up rubber in it!

The Nana that Clogs said...

It was awesome, we really liked it with the sweet potato in there.

The Nana that Clogs said...

I WILL make it again!!