I am in Kansas City at Childrens Mercy. I specifically went the the 2nd floor to check out the Ronald McDonald family room. Guess what?? It is in the PICU area. I got lost. Had to go back to ground floor and start over. No one was manning the family room. We were trying to get a bedroom for the night (in the ronald McD house)but may have to go to the parent room.
Adam is here with an after flu problem. His blood platelets are low low low. He is getting medicine and it makes him feel like the flu, vomiting, headache and fever. We have been (Bob and me) with him all afternoon today to let Cindi get a break and get some things taken care of at home. She will be here soon. If the blood count goes up tomorrow he may get to go home. But otherwise stay for additional treatment. There is even talk of a test of his bone marrow so they can use steriods. This is not in the cards if his count goes up.
He is looking very small. He slept a good deal of the day away. We are watching movies and he has a playstation 2 with games to play.
Pray for him!! Only well people can come in this ward no germs allowed.
- JUDY how do you sleep in chairs?? I did last night and it is no picnic.
Bob spent time with Melo's boys and the night at her house last night. He will stay here tonight. All for now. keep you posted as we get more news.
6 comments:
Hope he gets to feeling better and doenst have to have the testing on his bone marrow. I have seen this done YUCK!!! trust me you dont want this!!
Keep us posted...hope Adam is home by now. Love you all!
I dont know alot but not he isnt home yet. They are going to do some tests today on being the bone marrow. Mandy said they do children diffrent then adults THANK GOD!! I would wish that on no one. He had a bloody nose for about 2 1/2 hours yesterday and had to have some platelets. Keep praying. I sure hope they can find out what is making his blood not want to function right.
Our prayers are with him.
I think Ruthie said they are going to put him out to do the bone marrow test.
Hope you had a good vacation in Texas. Ruth called me on Sunday and said they were on their way to Todd's. Hope they didn't get into all the bad rains down there.
Adam gets to go home today!! the tests all came out fine. His platelets are still low but not low enough to keep him in the hospital. He will have to have some more blood and doctors appointments at home.
Hey, in case you are all wondering... Adam is again in the low low low range. His blood test was under 10,000 again. He can't go to school. He will have another test next week to see if it is working (the steroids are now being administered). SAD day.
Post a Comment